Service Terms and Conditions
- The contract will be binding between “Central Garage” and the “Customer” upon the booking of “car service/MOT/Vehicle repair” however it is made.
- Bookings placed via the phone/internet/verbally warrant that you are legally capable of entering into, a contract of sale, you are at least 18 years old and that you are a resident of the UK.
- Central Garage will provide a cost and explanation of each car service/MOT/vehicle repair before any work is commenced. All work, costs and additional work must be approved by the Customer before any work is carried out.
- If the agreed work cannot be completed within 1 working day due to circumstances beyond our control(1) our representative will contact the Customer and inform them accordingly.
- Central Garage will provide a quotation inclusive of VAT at the current(%) rate where applicable.
- All work will be completed by either Central Garage directly or by one of Central Garage approved service providers.
- All parts used will adhere to the manufacturer’s service schedule and warranty and will be of original equipment (OE) standard. Thus ensuring all warranties are validated.
- A 12 month parts & labour guarantee will be provided on all completed work carried out by Central Garage or a Central Garage approved service provider garage.
- On completion of work, payment will be taken over the phone either by debit card or credit card – only once Central Garage have received cleared funds for all work done will the car be returned to the Customer.
- Central Garage does not accept liability for any damage or losses suffered by the Customer from the storage of its vehicle either at our garages or at one of our approved service provider’s garages.
- The Customer has the right to cancel their car service/MOT/vehicle repair at any time. All agreed completed work to date must be paid for up to the point of cancellation.
- Central Garage offer a FREE Collection & Delivery service. The insurance cover on any courtesy or replacement vehicle provided by Central Garage will normally be covered by the garage’s insurance. In the event of a claim, the Customer will be liable to pay the excess amount stipulated by the insurance policy. The Customer must adhere to the terms and conditions of the said policy put in place by the garage. If insurance is not applicable to a courtesy car, the Customer will be required to provide their own insurance. Central Garage will endeavor to collect your vehicle between the hours of 08.00am and 10.00am and return the vehicle between 16.00pm and 18.00pm. It is the responsibility of the Customer, upon making the booking agreement, to ensure that the vehicle is available for collection and delivery within these times. Central Garage will attempt to accommodate reasonable requests outside of these times. Failed collections and deliveries due to Customer non attendance will be subject to a surcharge of no less than £40.00 ex VAT.
- Central Garage will not be either liable for or responsible for, any unforeseeable losses, losses that were not caused by Central Garage, its employees, agents or representatives’ negligence or for any business losses. This does not affect any claim that the Customer may have for death or personal injury. Nothing in this condition will affect the customer’s statutory rights that the works are performed with due skill, care and attention and that the goods supplied are of satisfactory quality and are fit for their purpose and that the products and services correspond with their description.
- Central Garage will not be held responsible for any loss or damage of items left by the customer within the vehicle including those that are not connected to the vehicle.
- Central Garage will not be liable for any damage or delay in the services provided if the reasons are down to “an act of God”, “industrial action”, “government disputes” or factors deemed out of the control of Central Garage.
- All work carried out by Central Garage will be completed within Health & Safety laws and guidelines.
- Should a complaint arise with respect to any work completed by a Central Garage approved service provider, all communications must be restricted to communications with Central Garage only. Central Garage will not be responsible for rectifying mistakes, errors and disputes unless all communication remains strictly with Central Garage.
- Central Garage adhere to a strict code of conduct that requires them to resolve all disputes within 28 days. If, for any reason, the dispute should take longer to resolve, Central Garage will notify the customer accordingly.
THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS AND THE GUARANTEE TERMS CONTAINED WITHIN THEM DO NOT AFFECT THE STATUTORY RIGHTS OF A CONSUMER REGARDING FAULTY OR MISDESCRIBED PRODUCTS OR SERVICES OR ANY FAILURE BY CAR SERVICING SOLUTIONS LTD IN THE SUPPLY OF GOODS OR THE UNDERTAKING OF WORK.
FURTHER INFORMATION REGARDING YOUR STATUTORY RIGHTS CAN BE OBTAINED BY CONTACTING THE CITIZENS’ ADVICE BUREAU. THEY ARE ALSO ABLE TO ASSIST WITH INFORMATION REQUIRED BY THE CONSUMER PROTECTION ACT 1987.
(1) Beyond our control may be due to the non availability of parts, parts not being delivered or the scheduled work may take longer to complete.